Friday, May 21, 2010

Nice to see you again!

I know it has been forever since I took the time to post anything more thoughtful than a sentence or two.  For those of you who live in Alaska, you most likely understand already.  This is the busiest season for the gardener, and even more so for me this year as my husband decided to seriously upgrade my ENTIRE garden!  If you look at my posts from last year, you will find pictures of what the garden USED to look like.  Here are some snapshots I took this morning...

The lovely deck that Hubby built for my birthday last year.  I finally got the flower pots planted!

The three pots are planted the same... In about a month these will look awesome!

Cabbage, Swiss Chard, and Brussels Sprouts, patiently waiting to be planted in their permanent home.

The old raised beds have been transformed into flower beds.  This year they are planted full of Alaskan wildflower seeds, which just broke ground yesterday!

My new, fenced in garden area, with raised beds and room to add a chicken area!  

This is the only raised bed that is planted so far... Broccoli, Turnip, Leek, Green Onion, Kale, Spinach, Lettuce and Radishes!!!

The lettuce is VERY happy to be transplanted, finally!

Hopefully the Broccoli will be happier this year than it was last year.  They seem to be doing well!

Starting to get an idea of why I haven't posted much lately?  We actually had some rather sad news a few weeks ago as well.  Boss, our most beloved, and only remaining dog, finally lost his battle to cancer.  He had a different type than the bone cancer that took Lady from us so suddenly a few months ago.  He has been battling it for years, but it got to be just too much.  It was heartbreaking, and we miss him terribly.  I rescued him 10 years ago, and had had him longer than my human children!  There is a big void now, which I can't hope to fill any time soon.

RIP Boss, you were the best of the best.

1 comment:

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!