Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fall is upon us!

It was markedly colder when I got up this morning. Partly, I'm sure, because we are getting up earlier due to Stephen's new school schedule, but also, it is almost the end of August already!

Mom mentioned yesterday that she may not be ready for chickens until next spring, so today, after Lily's 2 month doctor appointment, we are going to see what we can do to help her be ready now. I am itching for some chickens!!!

Speaking of Lily, I can't believe how fast she is growing now. If only the garden was so cooperative!

We discovered yesterday that the rosehips appear to be ready to harvest. Usually they are best after the first frost, so I'm not sure if I should harvest them now, or wait a few weeks. I'm looking forward to making batches of rosehip jelly, and I will probably dehydrate some of them as well. The cranberries are ready to pick also. Lots to do!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!