Friday, September 10, 2010

Sustainable Aloha!

I just got back from a weekend trip to Maui, and one of the things that really struck me was the attitude of the businesses there.  There were recycling bins everywhere, and people really seemed to understand the importance of naturals and organics.  The shops had large organic food sections, and sustainability was a common theme on things such as t-shirts and bags, and other touristy type stuff.  I can't help but think that if the businesses around here would follow the same path, we would see more of a change in attitude of the locals here too.  Its so much easier to live this way when you aren't constantly battling the opposite message!  Hawaii has got it right, folks.  Be it for health, wellness, concern over the planet, or just because you feel this is the way we were meant to live, give yourself some little daily reminders, around the house or work, or even in the car!  If you see it often, it will come more naturally!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!