Monday, March 8, 2010

Herbs in the window

The herbs I planted a few weeks ago are really taking off now.  The Thyme sent up sprouts almost immediately and I have already had to thin them a bit.  The Rosemary and Lemon Basil took a bit longer, but they are slowly yet surely poking out of the soil.  We get a little more sun here every day, so they should do ok as long as they remain in my south-facing kitchen window.  I've never grown herbs from seed before, or grown them indoors for that matter, so this will be a learning experience for me.

I thought that the cats might get themselves into the seedlings, but so far so good.  My other seeds will be started in a mini-greenhouse, so they should be fairly safe.  Once they are to big for that, however, we may have to improvise a bit to keep them safe... maybe the greenhouse will be warm enough to utilize by then.  I'll figure it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!