Saturday, March 20, 2010

Today's Garden Notes

Planted tomato seeds today.

All of the seedlings are doing very well, and I have close to 100% germination, even though these are last years seeds!  I broke down and bought the tomato seeds today though.  They are currant tomatoes, which I figure will have more of a chance of ripening on the vine in the greenhouse rather than in the cupboard.  I'm going to grow some in the greenhouse and some in hanging baskets outside, since this is supposed to be a good summer for growing them outside in Alaska.  I've never started tomatoes from seed before, so we'll see how well I do.  I think I may get some cucumber seeds as well, just to see how well I do with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!