Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Patience is a virtue!

We had to make a trip to Walmart today. I hate shopping at Walmart, but sometimes it is just necessary. I always enter through the garden section, and today was no different. They had all their flower packets out! Now, I know that it is silly to buy flowers for outside pots right now... it will be at least another 3 weeks before the danger of the last frost is past, but it was so tempting! I ended up averting my eyes and just trying to get through it all, before the desire overtook me! I want to plant flowers so badly! So yes, I stayed strong, but man was it tough.

I love spring! It got up to 66 F at my house today. We spent most of the day outside, not really doing anything, just soaking up the sun. It was a welcome thing, most definitely. I just want to get the plants in the ground before I can't bend far enough to do it! I'm using landscaping fabric and mulch in the gardens this year, so hopefully the weeds won't overtake everything like they did last year. I know that weeding is going to be difficult, so I have to plan ahead! Only 10 more weeks until this baby comes... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!