Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A late update on the weekend happenings...

What a great weekend! We had temperatures in the mid 70's and a slight breeze to ward off some (not all) of the mosquitoes. Robert and his best friend got 3 out of the 4 sides of the guest cabin sided, which is nice because the guest cabin is the only building you can see from the road, and we were a drive-by advertisement for Lowes! I got 2 of my raised beds prepared, with the soaker hoses laid down and the whole thing covered with landscaping fabric. I've got this great stuff that lets in the moisture, but not the sunlight, so hopefully the weeds will be conquered for the year. I think I over-exerted myself just a little, but it needs to be done sooner than later! I think it is safe to plant flowers now, although I will probably still wait another week or two to do so... I don't want to take any chances! Today, hopefully, I will get at least one more raised bed prepared. One a day should be a reasonable goal, but I have to get the house cleaned first, so we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!