Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pizza Time!!!


On the menu for dinner tonight... homemade pizza on from-scratch homemade sourdough pizza crust!! I have a sourdough starter in my refrigerator that I use and feed once a week, usually making bread or pancakes. Here's the pizza recipe!

1 cup sourdough starter (let me know if you need a recipe to make your own starter!)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp olive oil
1 cup flour

Mix ingredients, working in the flour until soft dough forms.
Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
Roll out and place on oiled pizza pan (or use a cast iron skillet - preheated - like I do!)
Bake in 475F oven for 3-5 minutes, watching closely.
Remove from oven; add sauce and favorite toppings.
Bake for an additional 15 minutes.

Tonight my toppings are garlic butter sauce (melted butter mixed with chopped roasted garlic), marinated artichoke hearts, red bell pepper, sliced black olives, basil (fresh from the herb garden), and shredded cheese - whatever kind happens to be in my refrigerator.

YUMMY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!