Monday, May 18, 2009

Popovers... and why I love having an herb garden!

To go with the spaghetti I am making for dinner tonight, I am making herbed popovers with fresh lemon basil from my herb garden. The lemon basil doesn't smell very strongly until you start to chop it, then, holy cow... this stuff is awesome! Here is the recipe I am using tonight...

Non-stick cooking spray
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp chopped fresh basil (or whatever your favorite herb may be)

Preheat oven to 400F

Spray 12 muffin cups with non-stick spray

In a medium bowl use a wire whisk to beat eggs, milk, and oil until combined

Add flour and salt, beat until smooth

Stir in herbs

Fill the prepared cups just under half way with batter

Bake about 35 minutes, or until firm

Immediately after removing from oven, prick each popover to let steam escape

Remove popovers from cups and serve immediately

This stuff is sooooo good, I could eat them every day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!