Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A little more each day...

I just finished planting the Snap Peas and the Green Onions. The Snap Peas went directly into one of the raised beds, and the Onions are in containers in the greenhouse for now. I'm really starting to feel like I'm getting something accomplished! The Broccoli and Cabbage will be spending their first night truly outdoors tonight, in preparation for planting them in the raised beds... hopefully tomorrow! I'm a little nervous, not wanting to loose any plants, but it hasn't frosted here in several weeks and I'm sure they will be ok. If all goes well, the majority of the rest of the vegetables should be in this weekend, weather permitting of course!

I am contemplating whether or not I want to weigh and record the amount of produce I get from the garden this year. It would help me realize how much cost savings I get from growing my own, but as this is my first year of serious gardening, I don't want to get carried away either. I have time to decide, obviously, but the more I plan things ahead, the more likely I am to follow through. This year I have definitely put more thought into planning the garden than ever before, researching, organizing, and researching again... and I hope it really pays off. Everyone has to start somewhere, right!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!