Monday, May 11, 2009

The plan...

I think that this weekend I can finally start to plant some seeds in my raised beds. That gives me until the weekend to get the remainder of the beds prepared. I have decided that I will only be using the weed cloth on the 2 beds that had the worst weed problems last year. These beds will contain the Broccoli and the Beets/Cabbage, so it will work well planting into the paper, whereas planting rows of Carrots, Spinach and Kale would be a little more difficult. I think the only thing that I cannot plant yet (from seed) is the pole beans. Those will have to wait a few more weeks, just to be sure. I am also picking up the Strawberry plants from Mom's house today, so I anticipate that tomorrow I will finish cultivating the last tier of that planter and planting the Strawberries tomorrow. I don't expect to get much in the way of a Strawberry crop this year, but next year should be looking good!

In other news, we will be going to our first local farmer's market of the year this Friday! I'm excited, although I know that this early in the season I shouldn't expect there to be much of a variety in the produce. It will still be fun to check it all out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi guys! Due to spam, I am moderating, but I'll be as quick as I can!